PRECAUTIONARY ACTIONS NEWSLETTER II
The Dominican Republic is on yellow alert because of Hurricane MARIA, it is of great importance for the community that all owners and/or residents proceed to remove all furniture from their balconies, driveways, terraces and gardens leaving them free of any loose objects, which with the force of the winds may pose a threat to any human life or property.
- Marina Services: Cap Cana’s marina is the only inland marina in the area, therefore it is considered to be a safe harbor, at this time it is 100% occupied and will maintain its operations at the docks during the hurricane.
- Water Supply: Aguas de Cap Cana has the necessary resources to maintain the supply and quality of water. Rain drainages have been checked and, in case of flooding, soil conditions favor the rapid absorption of water.
- Telecommunications: The telecommunications wiring is underground, for which little damage is expected. However, due to weather conditions, the television signal may be interrupted.
- Power Supply: Cap Cana’s electrical grid is mostly underground, so we expect to have very little damage to it. However, Cap Cana Caribe could be experiencing power outages, which would also result in temporary outages in the provision of water and telecommunication services. In the event of power outages, Cap Cana Caribe has emergency generators that will facilitate the reestablishment of the service.
- Access: Access to Cap Cana from tomorrow afternoon will be limited; the fast lane will not be in service we suggest homeowners and residents have their owner / resident ID at hand.
- Garbage Collection Service in Villas: Wednesday night there will be no trash collection service we ask owners and / or residents in villas to keep trash deposits inside their property until after the phenomenon.
Phones of interest:
- For Medical Asistance: 809.669.4964 / 809.796.4952
- For Security and Firefighter: 809.695.5546 / 829.383.9579
- Access Control Office 809.695.5546 / 829.383.9575
- Marina Cap Cana: 809.695.5539 Ext. 3508 and 809.669.1250.
We will be issuing a new statement, for the moment, you can stay informed of the trajectory of Hurricane Maria on the website of the National Hurricane Center www.coe.gob.do