Cap Cana, Dominican Republic | It’s hard not to fall in love with this elegant new all-inclusive, which opened in December 2016 in Cap Cana, an exclusive private estate located south of the most famous Punta Cana. Reserved for adults, the Secrets Cap Cana promises a sophisticated vacation that lives up to the expectations of holidaymakers in search of sun and rest.
Our late arrival at Secrets Cap Cana, when the night had already fallen, allowed us to enjoy the hotel’s beautiful, open, high-ceilinged, grand lobby, where guests enjoyed a drink, listening to musicians .
It is only the next morning, in the light of day, that the magnificent view of the lobby, overlooking the complex and spreading over the gardens, the main pool, white buildings and, a little further, the blue of the sea has presented itself to us.
The complex itself is human-sized. Fifteen white buildings are scattered on the property. Concretely, wherever you are, the main pool, and the beach next door, is less than five minutes.
The Secrets Cap Cana has 457 suites, ranging from the Junior Suite Pool View of 55 m 2 , to the Bungalow Presidential Suite, sea view, 199 m 2 ! Visitors will immediately feel welcome when they see their names on the door of the suite.
Each suite, in shades of brown and white, has either a balcony, with spa, or a terrace, with access to a swimming pool. The bathroom is functional, spacious, with a large shower for two.
Modern and contemporary, this all-inclusive offers non-negligible services such as 24-hour room service, with a secret box, which allows you to receive meals privately, free unlimited calls to Canada, a coffee maker Nespresso, bathrobes and finally unlimited Wi-Fi and performance throughout the complex.
Technology enthusiasts will appreciate the iPad, placed on the bedside table, which allows you to learn more about the hotel or order breakfast in bed. Similarly, the sign “Do not disturb” or “Make the room” is here replaced by a switch, which can turn on a red or green light. Convenient.
The large, infinity pool is in the center of the complex. This is where many events, musical or not, take place during the day. The spa, meanwhile, is set back, for more tranquility and serenity, right next to the independent training room.
Here we are on the Costa del Coco, the coast of coconut palms, an appellation that encompasses Punta Cana and Bavaro. Secrets Cap Cana Beach Resort & Spa, the spectacular beach of Juanillo, several kilometers long, is no exception. Dozens of palm trees stand facing the sea, almost feet in the water, as if posing for vacationers in search of the perfect shot.
Following its first year of operation, Secrets Cap Cana was named “New All-Inclusive Hotel of the Year” at the Caribbean Travel Awards 2017, awarded by the Caribbean Journal . A nice distinction, for a very nice hotel.
- Modern, functional, luxurious rooms.
- The music at the main pool, sometimes noisy for those who wish to relax.
WHAT IS THERE
- A large infinity pool and a pool for Preferred Club guests.
- Eight restaurants, seven a la carte (without reservation), six bars and a cafe.
- A spa and a modern gym.
- Shops for shopping.
- Water activities (kayaking, snorkeling, windsurfing, water polo, aqua gym).
- Other activities (volleyball and beach soccer, billiards, dance and Spanish classes, yoga).
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience (for “sip, savor and savor”) allows guests to visit the restaurants of the region’s nine AM Resorts properties free of charge (Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and Sunscape).
FOR EVEN MORE PRIVILEGE
- The Secrets Cap Cana offers holidaymakers the option to opt for the Preferred Club for more privileges. Upon arrival, Preferred Club guests will be taken to the dedicated lounge for faster check-in. Here, they can find hors d’oeuvres and premium spirits.
- The Preferred Club suites are strategically located near the exclusive lounge and pool area. Next to this pool is the Rosewater, an à la carte restaurant open for lunch and dinner.
- Finally, members enjoy a private section of the beach, quieter, with no activity.