Forests are nature’s heart! They are the largest source of renewable energy in the world, providing people with wood fuel to heat homes, cook meals and boil water. But they also energize people in other ways recharging our spirits by providing a place for recreation, peace and inspiration.
To celebrate the International Day of Forests on 21 March and this year’s theme, Forests and energy, we would like to invite you to go into your local forest – here in Cap Cana or a park and make a short video of yourself telling us how the forest energizes you.
- Upload your video to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- In your post, include:
- where you recorded the video
- the hashtags #LoveForests #IntlForestDay
- 21 March – the date of the International Day of Forests
- If you use Twitter, please tag @FAOForestry and also @EdenRocCapCana so we may repost your video!
- Post any time before 21 March!